In the present day is the final day to register for my upcoming webinar: Why Do Vegetarians Have Larger Stroke Danger?
Date and Time: February 19, 2-4pm ET
Final Day to Register: February 13, TODAY
Provided that hypertension and insufficient fruit and vegetable consumption are among the many most vital stroke danger components, you’ll assume these consuming plant-based diets can be at considerably decrease danger, simply as they’re with coronary heart assaults. You may be shocked to study that there had by no means been any research on the incidence of stroke in vegetarians, although…till now. And in the event you assume that’s stunning, wait till you hear the outcomes. Sure, that they had decrease coronary heart illness danger as anticipated, however these consuming meat-free diets appeared to have extra stroke danger. If that’s certainly the case, what may be the trigger, and what can we do about it?
To see the record of subjects I’ll cowl, go here.
Previous Webinars Accessible
The movies from my most up-to-date webinar, What Triggered the Weight problems Epidemic?, at the moment are accessible for digital obtain here.
In actual fact, all of my earlier webinars can be found:
Most of the movies from these webinars are already up on NutritionFacts.org, however in the event you’d like them multi functional place, take a look at the downloads. Word that these are simply the movies from the webinars, and don’t embody the dwell Q&As.
In search of Spanish Volunteers
Our Spanish crew is in search of a number of skilled translators to work on translating and modifying transcripts, weblog posts, and video subtitles. Candidates must be proficient in each Spanish and English, with earlier translation expertise and a fundamental understanding of NutritionFacts.org content material and medical phrases. Go here to use.
New B12 Suggestions
I need to make certain everybody is aware of that my B12 complement suggestions have modified based mostly on new analysis. Essentially the most up-to-date data can at all times be discovered on my Optimum Nutrition Recommendations web page, however right here they’re for simple reference:
- A minimum of 2,000 mcg (µg) cyanocobalamin as soon as every week, ideally as a chewable, sublingual, or liquid complement taken on an empty abdomen
- or a minimum of 50 mcg each day of supplemental cyanocobalamin (you needn’t fear about taking an excessive amount of)
- or servings of B12-fortified meals 3 times a day (at every meal), every containing a minimum of 190% of the Every day Worth listed on the diet info label (based mostly on the brand new labeling mandated to begin January 1, 2020—the goal is 4.5 mcg 3 times a day).
- These over 65 years of age ought to take a minimum of 1,000 mcg (µg) cyanocobalamin each day.
- Tip: If experiencing deficiency signs, the most effective check might be urine MMA (not serum B12 degree)
I’ve received a collection of latest movies popping out explaining the modifications that might be featured in an upcoming webinar—keep tuned!
Dr. Barnard’s New E book
My expensive buddy and colleague, Dr. Neal Barnard, simply launched his new e book. Your Body in Balance on how meals have an effect on our hormones and the straightforward dietary modifications that may assist. This e book supplies step-by-step steerage on how particular meals may help with infertility, cramps, endometriosis, PCOS, scorching flashes, and erectile dysfunction, in addition to breast and prostate most cancers by evidence-based dietary change. It additionally discusses how meals have an effect on our weight, temper, and general well being. Study extra here.
Stay Q&As February 20
- Fb Stay: At 12:00 p.m. ET go to our Facebook page to observe dwell and ask questions.
- YouTube Stay Stream: At 1:00 p.m. ET go here to observe dwell and ask much more questions!
Due to the launch of How Not to Diet, I’ve been doing tons of interviews in between my speaking engagements (together with Rochester, MN, Savannah, and Lakeland, FL, to call just some). Try this current one on The Wellnest blog for an summary of what’s within the new e book!
Michael Greger, M.D.
PS: In the event you haven’t but, you possibly can subscribe to my free movies here and watch my dwell, year-in-review displays: