You know how you know it’s fall? The leaves start changing colors, the temperature starts to drop, and pumpkin everything pops up everywhere. This season, however, we’re throwing a little maple twist in the mix. These fantastically fall flavored Pumpkin Maple Donuts are going to provide all the seasonal sensations you crave, and best of all, they’re protein donuts, so you can definitely have more than one.
Fall in love with the full recipe below:
PUMPKIN MAPLE DONUTS
Yields: 8 Servings | Serving Size: 1 donut
Calories: 200 | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Net Carbs: 4g
Total Carb: 9g
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 10-12 minutes | Total Time: ~30 mins (including cool time)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a standard size donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Cut the bar into pieces and then place them into a nutribullet or blender until small crumbles form. Set aside for topping.
- In a bowl, stir together the almond flour, protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- Add in the egg, pumpkin, melted butter and extract and stir until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag and fill 8 donut molds.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Once cooled, stir together the frosting ingredients.
- Dip each donut in the frosting and top with bar crumbles.
- Donut forget to share!